Pre-course information session
Coláiste na bhFiann meets with every child and their parent /guardian prior to attending a course. The time spent at this stage is vital as it ensures that both parent and child are happy with their choice of course. Attendance at this session is a prerequisite to attending a course with Coláiste na bhFiann and must be attended by all for the full duration (2 hours).
The key elements of the information evening are:
- Assessment of the child’s level of Irish. This is achieved through an informal chat with the child where a member of staff will ask them questions on their family, their school, their pastimes, etc. They are also asked to recite Amhrán na bhFiann (Cúrsa A & B) and Amhrán an Choláiste (Cúrsa A)
- DVD detailing all aspects of the course from the timetable to what to bring to the rules and more.
- The facilitator will give a short talk highlighting important aspects of the course
- Both parent and child have an opportunity to discuss how the child got on with a member of staff on a one to one basis. Parents and children are encouraged to ask a member of staff any questions or voice any concerns they may have. Parents are asked at this stage to provide any personal, dietary, and/or medical issues that the child has so that the organisation is fully informed and can provide the best care possible to the child while they are on a course with us.
- A full refund, no questions asked, will be available for up to 10 days after the interview for those who decide not to proceed with the booking.